Private lender ICICI Bank today announced the launch of a unique self-service delivery system called âiBoxâ. Thanks to this facility, ICICI Bank customers can withdraw their debit card, credit card, check at a branch close to their home or office, hassle-free. Speaking at the launch, ICICI Bank President Sandeep Batra said, âWe have always been pioneers in innovative and revolutionary banking solutions to improve the comfort of our customers. The âiBoxâ function improves our offer to offer banking services to our customers when they want it. They can pick up these deliverables at a time of their choice, 24/7 and every day, including holidays. “
Here are the main advantages of ICICI Bank’s self-service delivery facility, the âiBoxâ terminal:
1) Customers can access “iBox” at any time of the day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at their convenience
2) Customers can pick up these deliverables at a time of their choice every day including holidays
3) The âiBoxâ terminals have been placed outside the premises of the Bank’s branches, accessible after official hours.
4) The fully automated process informs the customer of the current status of their package via SMS every step of the way from dispatch to delivery.
5) Once the package has arrived in the ‘iBox’ terminal, an SMS notification is sent to the customer, which includes the GPS location of the ‘iBox’, an OTP and a QR code.
6) The customer must then visit the âiBoxâ, enter their registered cell phone number and submit the OTP or show the QR code to open the box and access the package.
7) The deliverable remains in the ‘iBox’ for seven days during which the customer can collect it.
8) The iBox therefore provides more flexibility for customers and eliminates the need to visit the branch during busy working hours.
9) The branches that currently house the iBox terminals are located in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Navi Mumbai, Surat, Jaipur, Indore, Bhopal, Lucknow, Nagpur, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Panchkula.
10) This feature is particularly useful for customers who are not available at home to receive their package during working hours.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now !!