INTERNET banking is back in operation at TSB Bank after hundreds of customers were excluded from their accounts this morning.
Users said they couldn’t log into the bank’s online banking, online or through the app due to technical issues.
The TSB told The Sun that the problem was now resolved.
A spokesperson for the TSB said: âFor a short time, some customers had difficulty connecting to mobile and internet banking services.
“This issue was quickly resolved and both services are functioning normally. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers.”
According to Downdetector, which monitors website outages, the problem started around 9 a.m. this morning (September 15).
Angry TSB customers on Twitter reported that the mobile banking app was down and they couldn’t log into online banking services either.
One of them said he couldn’t load it or log into the website.
Another said: “I can’t log into the app and online banking is down while using it, now indicating a technical issue.”
A third shared an image of an error message upon login that read: Oops, something went wrong. We cannot connect you at this time. Please try again later.”
Bank customers across the country appeared to be affected, according to Downdetector. Over 700 problem reports were recorded on the site.
It is understood that the service was operational again shortly after the onset of the problems.
The bank has not said what the problem is or responded to complaints.
The bank’s service status page indicates that Internet banking and mobile banking are both âavailableâ.
What to do if you can’t access your money
If you can’t access your money and you need it urgently, here’s what to do:
- Visit your local branch as soon as you can.
- If you can’t get there or if it’s closed, call your bank and ask for advice on what to do next.
- If the bank’s phone services are also down or busy, try reaching out to your bank on social media to ask what to do. But remember: never share your account details on social media.
- Try to do this on the day the problem occurs to show that you have made every effort to resolve the problem.
- If you still can’t access your money, start gathering evidence to file a complaint.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the Sun Online Money team?
Email us at [email protected]