Credit card application: The credit card has become a part of everyday man’s life today. The advantages of a credit card are numerous. You can pay for your purchases or other bills up to a certain limit using a credit card. Your credit score improves every time you pay your credit card bills on time. This allows you to easily get a loan from the bank. Thanks to this, you can also buy any item on EMI.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you are applying for a credit card. Banks take a lot of things into account before accepting or rejecting a credit card application. Know the reasons why a credit card application may be rejected.
If you change jobs quickly
- Changing jobs frequently is seen as a sign of an unstable career. Therefore, it is not suitable for your credit card application.
- Giving credit cards to people who change jobs frequently is considered a bit risky.
- The bank examines the applicant’s repayment capacity before issuing the credit card.
- The bank can ask the applicant for Form 16 or the payslip to verify it.
- If the applicant’s annual income does not fall within the limit set by the bank, the application may be canceled.
- If this is your first time taking a card, don’t get caught up in the excessive limit cycle. This may result in the cancellation of your request.
- For the first time using a basic card, no annual fee, the credit card will suit you.
- Create a good credit history with your first card, then apply for a premium card.
Bad credit rating
- A bad credit score is also a major reason for the rejection of credit card applications.
- If you’ve defaulted on one of your loans or are frequently late paying off IMEs, your credit score is ruined.
Don’t apply too many times
- Banks or non-bank financial institutions (NBFCs) can check the applicant’s credit history.
- Even if you have applied for multiple cards at multiple banks, your application tends to be rejected.